Award-winning multimedia reporter and producer. Always looking for the best way to tell a story. Sometimes that means traditional reporting, sometimes that means creating a whole new experience with video, audio, text and code. Whatever is required. Currently producing multimedia projects for China Daily Asia in Hong Kong (formerly The Wall Street Journal).
- Reporting, writing, copyediting
- Data journalism and statistical analysis using R, Python, SQL
- Filmmaking and video editing
- Video interview skills including via translator
- Audio capture and editing, podcasting
- Infographics/cartography with SVG, D3, Illustrator, After Effects
- Mobile development for Android and iOS
- Managing multimedia reporter, China Daily Asia, Hong Kong, March 2015-present. Responsible for reporting and producing multimedia stories, as well as managing junior reporters.
- Multimedia editor, The Wall Street Journal, Hong Kong. March 2014-December 2015. Responsible for producing interactive multimedia content for the Wall Street Journal web and print editions.
- Content writer and web designer, Melonhead Software. January-July 2012. Responsible for designing software and web sites, and writing ad copy.
- Content writer and web designer, Khomloy Development Foundation, Thailand. November 2009 to February 2010. Responsible for designing web site and producing product copy.
- Medical researcher, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal.
- February 2007 to October 2009. Responsible for medical research, design and development of medical software products.
- International Multimedia Journalism, M.A., University of Bolton, U.K. Graduated top of class. Received Vice Chancellor's Award for academic achievement. Completed 2012
- Joint Honors in Mathematics and Physics, B.Sc., McGill University, Canada. Completed 2002
Projects and accomplishments
- Produced Bhumika Can Speak For Herself, an experimental artificial-intelligence news feature on transgender rights in Nepal. Published September 2016.
- Produced Shipping's Dirty Secrets, a multimedia investigative feature for China Daily Asia on shipping pollution. Published April 2016.
- Produced Five Major Risks To Flying In Asia, a front-page multimedia investigative feature for The Wall Street Journal on Asia's aviation industry. Published July 2015 in English and Japanese.
- Led multimedia workshop The Right Media for the Right Message for journalists at Google News Lab Seoul in May 2015.
- Produced No Good Choices, a front-page experiential multimedia feature story for The Wall Street Journal on abuse of foreign domestic workers. Story was presented by The Wall Street Journal at the Asia Contemporary Art Show. Published October 2014 in English, Japanese, Chinese, and Bahasa.
- Produced Breaking Ball, a front-page experiential multimedia feature story for The Wall Street Journal about Japanese baseball injuries. Published July 2014 in English and Japanese.
- Produced What is Alibaba?, a front-page multimedia feature and The Wall Street Journal's set-piece for the Alibaba IPO. Published May 2014 in English and Chinese.
- "Environmental Story of the Year" at Asian Environmental Awards for Shipping's Dirty Secrets
- SOPA Honorable Mention for "Excellence in Digital News" for Five Major Risks to Flying in Asia
- SOPA Honorable Mention for "Excellence in Information Graphics" for Five Major Risks to Flying in Asia
- SOPA Award for Excellence for "Excellence in Reporting on Women's Issues" for No Good Choices
- SOPA Honorable Mention for "Excellence in Digital News" for What is Alibaba?
- Human Rights Press Award for No Good Choices
- Society for News Design Award of Excellence for What is Alibaba?
- Society for News Design Award of Excellence for "Use of Multimedia" for Breaking Ball
- Editor & Publisher Eppy Award for "Best Business Reporting on a Website" for What is Alibaba?